The Duckhorn Portfolio is North America’s premier luxury wine company. We were established in 1976 by Dan and Margaret Duckhorn. Today, our portfolio features some of North America’s most revered wineries, including Decoy, Paraduxx, Goldeneye, Migration, Canvasback, Calera, Kosta Browne, Greenwing and Postmark.
The Cellar Worker II will be responsible for the safe, sustainable, compliant, and efficient completion of a broad range of cellar activities. This position requires knowledge of high-quality winemaking methods, and it requires advanced experience in operating the equipment of a modern winery. All employees are expected to conduct themselves with the highest degree of professionalism. We strive to make each position rewarding, challenging and productive.
What we will ask you to do:
• Operate crossflows and other filtration equipment.
• Operate bin dumper, crane, hopper/auger, incline, and other fruit receiving equipment.
• Perform sluicing, tank dig-outs and other post fermentation activities.
• Load, unload, operate and clean presses.
• Prepare harvest equipment for use – clean and sanitize before and after use.
• Operate sorting table, de-stemmer, must and screw pumps.
• Use carbodoseur and dissolved oxygen meter.
• Load/unload bulk wine, barrel, grape and supply trucks.
• Operate forklift and scissor lift.
• Scan, rack, fill, top, clean, sanitize and rack barrels.
• Make wine additions and verify quantities prior to addition.
• Perform punch-downs and pump-overs.
• Execute wine and juice movements, take tank measurements and gas tank headspace.
• Clean and sanitize tanks, barrels, hoses, fittings, floors, and other winery equipment.
What you will need:
• 2 years minimum cellar experience required.
• Positive attitude and ability to work in harmony with others.
• Must have effective communication and interpersonal skills.
• Intermediate reading, writing, and math skills.
• Spanish communication skills a plus.
• Ability to lift upwards of 50 lbs.
• Manual dexterity is required to adjust small cellar fittings.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
What we will provide:
• Health benefits for you and your family, including medical/dental/vision (with a competitively priced employee
contribution to premium), and disability, life, & pet insurance.
• Paid time off and 10 paid holidays.
• A 401(k) plan where we invest an amount equal to 10% of your wages in your retirement account, at no cost to you,
subject to management discretion and vesting.
• A diverse team of coworkers that care about each other in a fun, exciting work environment.
• A company that promotes from within, provides great training and a generous tuition reimbursement program.