compensation: $20-$22/Hr employment type: full-time job title: Water Distribution Operator
QR Code Link to This Post
We are currently looking for a full-time Water Distribution Operator in Clear Lake, CA. This is a two-month temporary position with a pay rate of $20 to $22 an hour.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Learns to perform the various tasks associated with the maintenance and operation of a water distribution system.
• Learns the proper use of tools and equipment required to perform the job.
• Under direction, participates in the installation, repairs and replacement of water mains, water services, valves, fire hydrants and water meters.
• Interacts with customers and acts as a representative of the company.
• Performs meter reads, ons and offs and field investigations.
• Performs collection activities of delinquent accounts.
• Participates in routine maintenance activities such as system flushing, valve exercising and fire hydrant maintenance.
• Under direction, follows established policies and procedures in repair of equipment to ensure proper working order.
• Operates company vehicles and equipment according to established safety procedures and policies.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Available for emergency response, 24 hours/day, seven days/week.
• Works under immediate supervision.
Skills & Qualifications:
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Good communication skills.
• General computer skills
• Valid California driver’s license.
We provide equal employment opportunities in hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, and all other employment decisions. These opportunities and other conditions of employment are extended to qualified applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s ancestry, race, color, religious creed, sex, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity (including transgender) or expression, age, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, citizenship/immigration status, military or veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Do NOT contact this job poster with unsolicited services or offers.